John Lim is an associate in the Professional Practices Group in the firm’s Boston office. John has assisted in the management of multiple claim issues associated with Design-Build projects, related to the civil, structural, geotechnical, and MEP disciplines. The claim issues include but are not limited to pre-award issues related to quantity growth from preliminary design and post-award issues related to structural design and conflicts in final design. The Design-Build projects include roadway improvement projects, tunneling projects, bridge projects, embankment dam projects, and people mover projects.
John, formerly an associate general counsel at a public sector labor union, where he represented union members in arbitration matters pursuant to collective bargaining agreements and matters before the labor relations bodies of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont, began his career as a solo practitioner, representing clients in contract, disability, bankruptcy, debt collection, probate, criminal, unemployment, workers’ compensation, personal injury, real estate, and domestic relations matters.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D. )
- Regis University (B.S., magna cum laude, Computer Science)
- University of Kansas (B.A., East Asian Languages and Cultures)
Business and Professional Organizations
- Boston Bar Association
- Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association