Samuel J. Muir
Samuel J. Muir is a trial attorney based out in California, who specializes in construction litigation with an emphasis on the representation of design professionals. After graduating from Azusa Pacific University, Sam received his Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School and is now a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). For over 30 years, Sam has successfully represented clients in jury trials, bench trials, binding arbitrations, and mediations that are too numerous to count.
Sam is also a recurring speaker at architectural associations such as the local chapters of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and continues to speak at meetings of numerous engineering associations. Which include; American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC), Structural Engineering Institute (SEI), and the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC California).
- As lead trial counsel and appellate attorney for the design professional in the landmark decision of Markborough California, Inc. v. Superior Court (1991) 227 Cal.App.3d 705, Mr. Muir argued successfully to uphold the law authorizing limitation of liability clauses in construction contracts.
- Loyola Law School (J.D., 1979)
- Azusa Pacific University (B.A., Communications and Business, 1976)
Business and Professional Associations
- State Bar of California American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Pasadena Bar Association (Board of Trustees 1992, Secretary 1993, Vice President, 1994, President-Elect 1995, President 1996)