Donovan Hatem LLP’s Construction Law practice combines decades of extensive risk management, dispute resolution, and litigation experience with intimate knowledge of the technical, legal and regulatory standards and principles required to develop and implement the timely and efficient strategic approaches necessary to advise and counsel clients involved in avoiding, managing and resolving design-related claims.
Recognized as a leader in the construction industry, our clients include
- Construction Managers
- Product Liability Insurers
The Firm has been involved with advised clients regarding a broad spectrum of projects in a number of fields and industries including:
- Commercial/Residential spaces
- Power and Energy
- Infrastructure and transportation
- Sports and Entertainment
Our Scope of Services
The Firm’s experience and expertise in navigating through complex construction projects and project delivery methods, allow us to provide creative solutions to mitigate the risks faced by our clients. We provide a full range of services that assist our clients in identifying, managing, and addressing the issues that arise through all phases of the construction process, including:
- Preparation, review, and negotiating bid and contract documents including Teaming and Joint Ventures agreements, owner-contractor agreements, owner-designer agreements for all types of Project deliver methods including Design-Build-Build, Design-Build, Progressive Design-Build, and P3, Cost plus
- Evaluate, defend, and resolve construction and design defects claims
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Final project closeout
- False Claims Act defense
- OSHA and safety law
- Formation of owner-controlled, contractor-controlled, project-specific, and captive insurance programs
Donovan Hatem is often designated as the Program Manager for Professional Liability Project Specific Insurance Policies. In connection with that unique designation, the Firm is responsible for, among other things, investigating issues identified during the course of Project development, managing the efforts to mitigate the risk that the issues so identified will ripen into claims, and if a claim(s) is asserted, DH is responsible for defending and/or coordinating the joint defense of the Design Professional entities afforded coverage under the Project Specific Policy.
We are frequent writers and lecturers on topics of interest to the construction industry and active members of various construction-based trade organizations, which allow us to stay up to date with industry developments and to lead the strategic approaches to respond to those developments.